Is it fun understanding something hard – like quantum computing?
Would flying in an autonomous aerial vehicle excite you?
Do you enjoy the challenge making the impossible, possible?
If you answered ‘Yes’ to the above please read on.
Do you love bringing people together to make new things?
Are you prepared to get the small stuff done in order to reach the bigger picture?
Are you a learner?
Are you comfortable taking a position and arguing for it, even if others disagree?
If you continued to answer ‘Yes’ we are keen to talk to you about what you can do.
Your responsibilities will include
- Supporting the Main Sequence Ventures investment team in discovering, building and closing new deals.
- Actively contributing to the Australian entrepreneurial, research and start-up community.
- Building, implementing and enhancing our portfolio of support systems.
- Communicating openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff, clients and suppliers in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of our reputation.
Location: Sydney, NSW
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience and ability
To be considered you need
- A four year technical university degree plus a minimum of five years’ experience, in an entrepreneurial or research or STEM or similar context.
- Effective writing skills with an established body of work and high attention to detail.
- A bias toward action/getting things done with high self-motivation; and an ability to work in a largely unstructured but goal-oriented environment.
- A history of building business relationships easily with the most senior to the most junior.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple assignments and deliverables simultaneously.
- Adaptability, to emerging and shifting priorities.
- Resourcefulness and intellectual curiosity demonstrated by not being satisfied with ‘not knowing’ how it works or what it means; be a self-directed and continuous learner.
- A passion for “Deep Tech” and entrepreneurship.
How to apply
Please apply on line via the CSIRO’s jobs site, uploading your resume and cover letter.
For more information about the role please contact Jen Baxter .
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
About Main Sequence Ventures
Main Sequence Ventures is managing the CSIRO Innovation Fund, custom designed for a new kind of founder in which science and technology run deep.
We will invest in companies translating research into global-scale businesses. We know that this takes more than money. We work harder to understand the world that these founders imagine. We are as comfortable in the lab as we are on the front-line with customers. We will invest capital, and ourselves, to systematically reduce risk and increase opportunity by combining the operational velocity of startups with the deep curiosity of Australia’s research sector.
We believe the next great cohort of disruptive companies will come from those scientists, technologists and creative thinkers who are prepared to challenge the status quo.